2022: Set Intentions, Not Resolutions
By Venus Gentile
Another year has passed, and we are about to enter a new passage of time called 2022. This year will be a very significant one in many ways. It will be a year of manifestation, awakening, and clarity. Last year was a turbulent, chaotic, and unruly time in our history. It is so easy to become distracted, disappointed, and discouraged by the world around us.
Even with so much going on, we can use the unlimited power of our minds to achieve our desired outcome.
As the great Buddha once said, "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything, and what we think we become." How will you use your thoughts in 2022 to achieve your dreams?
At this time of year, most of us have already compiled a list of all the things we want to achieve, also known as New Year resolutions. The problem is, that list is most likely a continuation or a repeat of what we wrote last year. The reason is; we set ourselves up for failure and, most of the time, don't even realize WHY we are setting these goals. We attach ourselves more to the outcome instead of allowing ourselves to enjoy the journey.
Setting intentions, on the other hand, is something entirely different. It is a state-of-mind, a practice that has to be worked on every day. It is how you choose to live and feel and what makes your heart smile.
Here are some steps to help you with setting intentions towards your goals.
1. Start with 'WHY.' Spend some time to think about why a specific goal is so important to you. Where is this thought coming from, and how will it affect your life? How will it affect those around you? Prioritizing your goals will put them into perspective and allow you to feel confident in your choices.
2. Exercise your intention. Just like a muscle, your brain needs to be trained every day. I love the idea of a vision board. Write down your thoughts, goals, course of action and look at them every day. The point here is for your intentions to be so ingrained into your consciousness that you won't even realize that you are manifesting your goals.
3. Let go of your limiting beliefs. Believe big, dream big, and do big! It is essential to believe in yourself. We all have limitless potential that, when tapped into, can bring us anything that we desire. The world is full of abundance, and when we ask, we will receive!
4. Take action. Once you set your goals, put them into action! It all starts with the first step. Rome wasn't built in a day, and you cannot expect to accomplish everything at once. Set yourself realistic action steps that you can handle one at a time. First and foremost, remain consistent! Creating good habits leads to success, and small steps lead to significant change.
5. Be flexible. Even though it is important to be clear and specific about your intentions, you must be prepared for detours along the way. There are hidden blessings in every moment, so if things don't always work out the way you planned, don't worry! Believe that the universe will always guide you in the right direction.
I believe in YOU! May 2022 be the best year of your life!
~ Venus Gentile