Another year has passed and we have entered a new passage of time called 2018. This year will be a very significant one, in many ways. It will be a year of manifestation, awakening and clarity. Last year was a turbulent, chaotic and unruly time in our history. It is so easy to become distracted, disappointed and discouraged by the world around us.
Even with so much going on, we have the ability to use the unlimited power of our mind to achieve our desired outcome.
As the great Buddha once said, “All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become.” How will you use your thoughts in 2018 to achieve your dreams?
Most of us, at this time of year, have already compiled a list of all the things we want to achieve, also known as New Year resolutions. The problem is, that list is most likely a continuation or a repeat of what we wrote last year. The reason being; we set ourselves up for failure and most of the time don't even realize WHY we are setting these goals. We attach ourselves more to the outcome, instead of allowing ourselves to enjoy the journey.
Setting intentions, on the other hand, is something quite different. It is a state-of-mind; a practice that has to be worked on each and every day. It is how you choose to live and feel and what makes your heart smile.
Here are some steps to help you with setting intentions towards your goals.
1. Start with 'WHY'. Spend some time to really think about why a specific goal is so important to you. Where is this thought coming from and how will it affect your life? How will if affect those around you? Prioritizing your goals will put them into perspective and allow you to feel confident in your choices.
2. Exercise your intention. Just like a muscle, your brain needs to be trained every day. I love the idea of a vision board. Write down your ideas, goals, course of action and look at it every day. The point here, is for your intentions to be so ingrained into your consciousness that you won't even realize that you are manifesting your goals.
3. Let go of your limiting beliefs. Believe big, dream big and do big! It is important to believe in yourself. We all have limitless potential, that, when tapped into, can bring us anything that we desire. The world is full of abundance, and when we ask, we will receive!
4. Take action. Once you set your goals, put them into action! It all starts with the first step. Rome wasn't built in a day, and you cannot expect to accomplish everything at once. Set yourself realistic action steps that you can handle one at a time. First and foremost, remain consistent! Creating good habits leads to success and small steps lead to big change.
5. Be flexible. Even though it is important to be clear and specific about your intentions, you must be prepared for detours along the way. There are hidden blessings in every moment, so if things don't always work out the way you planned, don't worry! Believe that the universe will always guide you in the right direction.
I believe in YOU! May 2018 be the best year of your life!